In this tutorial, you will learn how to insert an image as a menu item instead of text. You can easily accomplish this using the Menu Manager Menu Items and do not need to install any 3rd party Joomla 1.7 Components or Extensions.
For example, I want to replace the 3 links along the top menu that say “Home”, “Sample Sites”, “Joomla.org” with images instead of text. Below are the steps on how to do it in your Menu Manager.
1. Login to your Joomla 1.7 Administrator Panel
2. Click on “Menus”, “Top’, Click on New
3. Set the following values:
4. Under Link Type Options, set the following values:
Link Image = Upload the image you want to insert from your computer
Add Menu Title = No
5. Click on ‘Save & Close’
6. Repeat these steps for the other menu items you want to insert an image instead of using text.
If your Menu Manager Edit Menu item screen does not show the ‘Add Menu Title’, see my post here.
After you save and refresh your Joomla 1.7 website, your menu items will show up as images with no titles beside it.
Sometimes a relationship needs a little nudge to help it grow.
Tell us a few things about yourself and we will show you a lot more about us.